If you are thinking about booking a trip a nice vacation spot but have never been before and are wondering about what to bring then you’re in luck. In this blog post I will tell you what you should bring if you’re planning on taking a vacation.
Must Have Items For Beach Vacation. A common choice for a holiday spot, is the beach. Most kids adore beaches and will spend hours playing there. Here are some things you might need at the beach:
1. Sunscreen! When the kids are playing out in the sun it is quite likely that they will get sunburnt due to the heat. But if you make sure to apply sunscreen every hour or two it will decrease the chance of that happening, so the kids can have a sunburn free holiday. If you are planning on swimming for long time, I personally would recommend waterproof sunscreen. It tends to stay on longer than usual sunscreen. Being sunburnt is not fun, so go for prevention rather than experience!
2. Rashes (swim-tops) This is another way to prevent sunburn for kids that is quite common, Rashies! For those of you who do not know about rashies, is it is basically a swim-top. They come in long sleeve or short sleeve but either way they are very useful. You can just slip them on or over the children’s swim suits and they are good to go! My brother and I almost always wear rashies when swimming, the result? We barely ever get sunburnt when swimming! So I would suggest buying one for your child if you plan on swimming.
3. A bottle of water. Although it is quite simple, I think taking water almost everywhere you go is a great idea because it is very common for kids to get thirsty. You can take usually one water bottle, but if you are going on a long trip or plan on spending the entire day somewhere it’s a bit different. It might be better if everyone takes their own water supply. Sometimes running out of water can be a problem and the kids can get dehydrated and start having headaches or tummy troubles. My family and I don’t take water bottles everywhere though. If you are just planning on spending an hour or two somewhere then you will most likely not need to take a water bottle. I think taking water on long trips mainly is just a good idea since it so often happens that a child or children end up sick due to dehydration. 3. 4.
Airport Must Haves. Unfortunately to kids, airports are boring old buildings…with almost nothing to do. For lots of kids it’s natural for them to run amuck at the airport! With nothing to do they can be really annoying and sometimes with siblings they even end up irritating each other. Well these essentials are going to stop (or at least temporarily get rid of ) this sometimes frustrating behaviour.
1. Sliding puzzles Now, the kids have had enough screen time for one day so they shouldn’t be allowed to play on devices again today. What else could we do though? Well the answer is simple! Sliding puzzles are the key! These helpful play toys are a type of portable puzzle that come in pictures or numbers. The objective of the puzzle is …you guessed it! To solve the puzzle and order the numbers or fix the picture. Sliding puzzles are for boys and girls and also come in many different shapes and sizes. You can get pictures, numbers and sometimes even letters in the sliding puzzles. My brother and I use sliding puzzles not only at airports but quite often besides that as well. You can get the sliding puzzles to fit your skill base by getting them in different shapes and sizes too. I believe sliding puzzles can solve the problem of annoying kids at the airport and can help to make the trip there a little bit easier and more enjoyable for both kids and adults.
2.Chewy Lollies and other treats… Something that my brother and I always like to have in the plane or at the airport is some chewy lollies, gum and other sorts of sweet treats. I think if you are on a plane, then gum is the best option since when planes take off your ears can get blocked easily. If you want to stop this from happening to you or your child then gum can help. If you chew the gum whilst taking off, the chance of getting your ears blocked decreases. Personally, I like to use chewing gum when this happens but lollies like mentos also work well too.
3. A Handbag Or Small Backpack Now the kids have their suitcases packed and ready. The flight is just about to take off but you hear the sounds slowly coming out of their mouth… “Muum!, Daad!”Please don’t tell me… you think in your head. “Can you get my toy out of the suitcase please? I need something to do!” You sigh, here we go again… Is anyone familiar with this scenario? Of course you are! Well this essential is going to help and fix this annoying problem. All your child needs is handbag or a small backpack. You don’t need to pack any clothes or anything important in the backpack. All you need are some toys, accessories and books for the child to play with. With this essential item, you will never have the annoying boredom problem again! 5. 6. 7.
If you liked this post or if you have any question please do not hesitate to ask me in the comments below. By: Lily